[PnP] Holy Crap!!!!

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 11:53:32 CEST 2004

Is this true? Was PnP an expansion of Lands of Adventure? IF IT WAS PRESENTED AS SUCH, then there could still be some legal issues. If it was not, then you are correct to the best of my knowledge. I have never heard of Lands of Adventure. Was this published, and if so, by whom?
   And it is an awesome name. It would even include the means to pull in Perilous Lands. A friend of mine is a good contract lawyer, if you want me to ask them and see what they can tell us. This was a VERY good catch.

Larry <Kurgan at Fastmail.fm> wrote:
Hey gang!!!

God, I've been so blind. We all have. Richard doesn't need to buy
P&P at all. In a way he already owns it. P&P was basically an
advanced version of Lands of Adventure. The new game can retain
the mechanics and just about anything he wanted to use. It's only
the actual name that can't be used. The new game, for all intent
and purpose, could be Lands of Adventure, 2nd edition! And if he
wanted to adopt a new name, it could still be listed in the
credits as a revision of the original game, which pre-dated P&P,
and WotC couldn't say or do squat!

And for what it's worth, Lands of Adventure 2nd ed. actually
isn't a bad name at all, I think.

Best regards,

Larry mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm