[PnP] Re: D20 Conversion

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Sun Jun 27 18:16:39 CEST 2004

Ideas for D20 => P&P conversion:
D20 Attribute to P&P Attribute
Convert D20 stats to P&P Currnet Abilities by calculating the appropriate
bonus, then estimating how far up the bonus the attribute is.

Bonus/2(RD)   => bonus        example: Strength 14-17 => S16-30

A high level D20 Character might have a primary attribute start at 18, get
it improved +7 by experience, improve it +5 by Wishes, and have an item
that improves it by +6 for a total of 36 giving a bonus of 13. Converting
that we get a P&P bonus of +6 (attribute value 141-180).

D20 attribute used to calculate P&P attributes:
 Strength              Strength
 Constitution          Stamina and Constitution
 Dexterity             Dexterity and Agility
 Charisma              Eloquence and Appearance
 Wisdom                Will and Empathy
 Intelligence          Intelligence

Alternatively one could calculate Empathy by the following:
 calculate D20 bonus of (Wisdom + Intelligence)/2
 D20 bonus/2(RD) => P&P bonus
For simplicity I would just go with Wisdom.

I will ponder more to figure out skills and combat values.

 - Alex