[PnP] Powers and Perils Rights

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Mar 12 05:17:46 CET 2004

At 12:20 PM 3/11/04 -0500, you wrote:
>    The current holder of the rights to Powers and Perils is Wizards of the
>West Coast. I made an initial contact with their Customer Service people
>(the best I could do). They gave me an address for contact the executives
>who run the company. It is my intent to send the following letter on Monday.
>I would like the list's input on it before then if possible. Thank you.

It looks good.  However, have you had your lawyer or a lawyer look at it?
Maybe there is suggestions legalize they can give.  I know in cases like this
some lawyers believe you make the bid as low and as vague as possible
so the first bids are not taken advtange of.  Maybe Alex could recomend
someone to review it if not himself before monday.  ??

I saw you mentioned the computer aids and such.  There of course would be
3rd party but you'd not have rights to those I figure.  Though I wouldn't
careabout the stuff I wrote giving them to you since I take no money for
it.  Just professional pride of development :)

Glad you didn't mention the list or wout's site.  If their lawyers saw all
the stuff on the web they could play hardball and yank it all.  Heck even
the Domain could be a copyright issue if they pushed it probably.  So glad
you didn't mention that.  Keep it vague there :)