[PnP] Powers and Perils Rights

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Mon Mar 15 14:17:34 CET 2004

<<I also think PNP is a great system AS IS.  But it could be improved here
and there but not overally needed.  We can dicker on percentages all day
but we have to be realistic.  How many are on the list? 30-40?  How many
out there may not be on the list but know the game exists and plays it?
Another 40-50?...so let's say 100 people.  Sadly the era of rpgs are fading
even teh local hobby shops are hard to find these days.  I know our last
shop closed up here recently.  I know the project is worth it for US but
I don't think Richard will get much profit outside the list :< >>

The problem is, unless we want to just make a new version for us dihards,
the system itself needs to simplified and modernized.  CCG's have decimated
the mindset of modern gamers, so complex systems on the order of P&P or
Space Opera just won't sell.

We want to bring P&P up to modern, sellable standards, yet retain the
overall feel of it and the world behind it.  But we don't want to just boil
it down to d20 pablum levels.  That's the tricky part -- tweaking rules and
mechanics, yet still allowing for the larger-than-life, Conan-like
characters. We need to eliminate needless complexity, and retain the
convoluted flavor.  Streamline it, but keep it robust and able to move in
all directions.

Burton Choinski
Principal Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-589-4089
fax:      978-589-5903

MatrixOne, Inc.
210 Littleton Rd.
Westford, Ma 01886
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce