[PnP] idea

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 21:48:37 CET 2004

   This is why I said that we should worry about the documents (the bulk) and THEN complicate things by adding features. As for 98, I know that I transfered my C programs to other compilers on a Win 98 computer, but I haven't tried taking an exe from an XP compilation and tried to run it. I've even transfered my C to a Mac, but that is truly BACKWARDS. (Writing on a wintel to compile for mac, I apologize to the mac world for my insult.) Source can be transfered to a like compiler, the issue is really finding that like-compiler.
   First, however, we need to get revisions done, except for setting up frameworks. If I can find it, I have a C-Header for PnP if anybody wants it. I documented it fairly well, but it has no complex areas. Mainly it has some structures for stats, skills, spells, and the like, some functions for leveling skills and calculating modifiers (and success chances), and some other simple stuff. Much of it might not apply if certain things are changed, but it is an offer if anyone is interested. (Let me know private so I can start looking.)

Matijs van Zuijlen <Matijs.van.Zuijlen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
Well, the PDA world is much larger than WindowsCE/PocketPC/whatever it's
called today. Anything written for .NET would not run on any of my
systems at the moment (I have a Palm Zire and several Linux[1] laptops),
and it seems there are many more people on this list without Windows
machines.

[As an aside, does .NET run on Windows 98?]

That said, there are probably too many platforms for just one
implementation of whatever computer aid we would want to create. Perhaps
we could just share code or algorithms for whatever we implement, so
similar applications can be made for platforms others are more familiar
with? With some effort, I should be able to read C#, and write C or
Perl or Ruby that does something similar.

Oh, and I picked up a book on programming for PalmOS last week, so I may
be able to work on that.

[1] Yes, I know about Mono . I think it has some
... issues. And it still won't run on my Zire.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen