[PnP] idea

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 22:02:34 CET 2004

Word does hyperlinking VERY easily, and invisible hypertext can be done, however, I would recommend against it for platforms. PDF sounds the best to me. As I understand, the project is to rewrite it using the existing frame and maintaining many rules. To try to pull out what should be kept/tossed is more work than saying start over, but use what exists for reference.

Matijs van Zuijlen <Matijs.van.Zuijlen at xs4all.nl> wrote:On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:42:32PM -0500, Scott Adams wrote:
> That's one thing we could get great use of its a hyper text document.
> You pull it up and it shows say Rule 14.3 and you see it says see Rule
> 11.2 you could then click it and it would go right to that rule. That
> would be greatly useful. I hate pdfs but even I could go for that :)

I've been thinking about a good format to use for collaborating on
P&Pv2. Using Word would make it harder to do things like a hypertext
version, and may make collaborating harder in general. I've not yet come
to any real conclusion on what would be best, but perhaps others have
thoughts on this as well, so I thought I'd mention it. The format we
used for the current PDFs would probably be too hard.

Another question: For P&Pv2, are we talking about a complete
restructuring of the rule set, or a rewrite/rule change, while keeping
the same structure? I've always thought the endless subsubsubsectioning
was rather weird, and some subjects are covered all over the place.
Restructuring would definitely be a lot more work, though.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen