[PnP] idea

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sun Mar 21 03:47:55 CET 2004

At 11:53 PM 3/20/04 +0100, you wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:02:34PM -0800, Albert Sales wrote:
>> Word does hyperlinking VERY easily, and invisible hypertext can be
>> done,
>
>Of course. I was thinking of using Word, where the end product would be
>a set of hyperlinked short HTML files, for use on a PDA. I'm not sure
>Word would support the splitting process needed.
>
>> however, I would recommend against it for platforms. PDF sounds
>> the best to me.
>
>I agree. However, directly editing PDF is not an option, so we would
>have to agree on some `source' format. Then, it would be best if that
>source format supported both PDF and HTML as `target' formats. I'm still
>thinking about that one.

Well you know everyone has access to pure Text Ascii :) Yeah I'm biased.
But its true.  Everyone can handle pure text.  If you have a computer you
have a editor that handles it.  But I could lean toward HTML over pdf for
sure.  I can always easilly convert HTML files to text much better than I
can PDF to text :)

It can always be later pdfized into pretty format and colors and graphics
and the like when completed.