[PnP] Convocation

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 02:34:04 CEST 2004

Stregnth in P&P strikes me more as exhurtable might than sustainable strength. The draft animals have lower strengths than seems right because they do not hit as hard as one might think. Still, the stamina should go up, and a note should be included to say how to increase portage for exceptional members. I've found that they are roughly four times as powerful as their stats say they are strong.
As to the dragon, it would yield none as the dragon must still be alive (bad example, but point is gotten). Some aspects of natural magic do need extra fleshing out, I agree.

Swarming Suggestion: Think Caltrops. Each swarming creature type would get a OCV to HPV or Creature Countratio. With rats, it is 1:1, for example. When many attack together, use the base OCV + this factor for the size of the swarm. A Locust Swarm might be 1 OCV per 4 HPV. If a person is caught in a 30 HPV swarm, they will be subject to OCV 7 attacks until the swarm is weakened. I've actually used this one for a while, and it works pretty good. Some creatures (like bees) do damage other than HPV. This must be considered in a swarm write up. I can try to find my old swarms, but I'll make no promises here.
A Stampede would be multiple charge attacks in a sense. To condense this into one roll, use an OCV of (Base OCV x (1+#of creatures)/2) RU. Unless NWI is positive, use the same formula on it. Multiple S by # of creatures, and figure a new SB.

Scott Adams <longshot at darktech.org> wrote:
At 07:26 PM 10/12/04 -0400, you wrote:
>New creatures, checking to make sure stats are right, editting, tightening
>up the mythos, etc. Don't anticipate any major change in the way stats are
>presented.

I found some oddities in my book 3 that stats need to check. I'll have
that when I'm done. Like some animals stronger than others when in reality
should be reersed..that kinda thing..

Oh richard...one thing you could work on is more animal byproducts. I
believe someone did a table on this already but it could be better defined
like amounts from one single animal. Like if a dragon is killed how much
blood would an average dragon give off...stuff like that :)

So its not abused or misused..

Also swarming/stampede rules.