[PnP] Hello and a question

Panthera Altaica draltaica at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 08:27:30 CEST 2006

Well first I'll thank Richard Snider for the wonderful game mechanics
and a seting with out the melodramatic black and white Good vs. Evil.

--- Scott Adams <longshot at darktech.org> wrote:

> At 08:38 PM 7/26/06, Panthera Altaica wrote:
> >Hello everyone on the list.
> >
> >I first encountered Powers and Perils some time around 95 when I
> found
> >it on my Stepfathers bookshelf.  Haven't seen it sence 98 tell I
> finaly
> >found a copy. :)
>

> Welcome to the List and to the game.

Thanks.

> This netlson guy must've got
> the style from Richard as the game has been around for over 2 decades

I mean Richard Snider's writing is in a highly restricted code[1].
That plus the amnemonic way the rules are layed out.  It's just not set
up well for teaching newbies the game.

It's sad but not surprising that AH killed P&P and it now lays in
obscurity.  Thou thankfully not as obscure as
_World_Action_and_Adventure_, anyone remember that game?

[1] If you don't know what a 'restricted language code' read about it
here. http://www.doceo.co.uk/background/language_codes.htm

Dr. Panthera Tigris Altaica