[PnP] Gambling Ho!

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Nov 2 07:14:04 CET 2006

At 02:52 PM 11/1/06, Choinski, Burton wrote:
>In my legends game, the characters started off pretty much penniless.  They managed to get some odd coppers with some banditry, but finally they reached civilization.  They decided to have the best gambler take a bit of their money (he is EL 8) and try and spawn it up into a bit more cash.

I've not done a 'gambline' session in some time and its more rare these days to do so.  I'm in favor of a quick and easy system than something complex like this.  Looks good but doubt I'd use it.  I'd rather just make maybe 1-3 rolls and check some charts I'd generate :)

But the thing is that it as always depends....different cultures not all have the same card games.  Some differ.  So doing one basic system might not work for a large campaign.  Elfs and Dwarves would even have a alien type gambling system to humans.

Course to be honest since its a role playing game we'd just role play it out than roll dice.  If it was a card game we'd play one me being the house and the other gamblers.  Dice games.  Same thing.  Was a bit more fun that way to see it in the flesh.  They enjoyed that than using some charts and such.