[PnP] Dumb Questions concerning P&P at 1 am in the morning

Paul L. Ming pming at northwestel.net
Sat Oct 21 16:27:54 CEST 2006

Hiya.

A) With a group of 5 NEW players, I'd go with 1 full on spellcaster, 1
semi-spellcaster/other mix, and three warrior types. After a few games
are under their belts, I'd figure 1 spellcaster who does the
'damage/travel' stuff, 1 spellcaster that does the
'protection/detection' stuff, 1 guy who can fight a bit, cast a couple
healing type spells, and maybe have a good all-around knowledge for
cities/towns/civilization situations, two guys that can fight. You could
'tweak' the fighter types to have a focus on 'thief-like' stuff and one
that has an 'outdoorsman-like' theam to even more cover ground..

B) Never really used the Perilous Lands setting, always used home-brew.

C) Yes. Perilous Lands, to me, seems very "Conan-esque", with touches of
Lankhmar. Very 'bronze-age-swords and sorcery' feeling to it. :)

Paul L. Ming