[PnP] Dumb Questions concerning P&P at 1 am in the morning

Franklin Robertson fbrobertson at charter.net
Sun Oct 22 06:30:04 CEST 2006

Maybe I should redirect/rewrite the last question concerning "flavor"...I
think what is so great about the PL is that, as you said, it has all flavors
for whatever you the GM and the players want.  You can have high fantasy or
barbarian fantasy, just kind of depends where and at what time...I dont know
if you all are familiar with the writer, but some of the lands, though, kind
of remind me of ... I believe his name was Clark Ashton Smith or something
like that.  He wrote a short story about a necromancer's kingdom for a world
that was dying.  Very interesting.  Still, I think the PL, imo, is one of
the better world settings out there...though I will admit I'm a big fan of
RuneQuest and Arduin Grimoire.  Then again, for me at least, games like RQ,
AG, and P&P are as good as they are because the people writing the games
really cared for the games, instead of mass production RPGs like we see
today.