[PnP] Armor Values and Dagger Maximum EL

Burton Choinski bchoinski at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 22:57:31 CEST 2007

In my person equipment list I have tweaked AV to a minor degree, but
V2 and V1 are pretty much identical.

My tweaks pretty much involve reasons to get the various other armors
(that don't make sense with the current values based on price alone.

Quilted Armor
1
8CC
6
10
1
Layers of thick cloth or canvas with a thick layer of padding quilted
between them.
Leather Armor
1
10CC
4
15
1
Thick hardened leather armor.
Ringed leather
T,B
2 (1)
110CC
14
18
4
Leather armor with thick metal rings sewn onto the leather.
Parenthesized AV applies to piercing attacks (arrows, spears).
Bezainted Leather
T,B
2
135CC
16
20
5
Leather armor with thick metal disks studded onto it.
Jazeraint Scale
3 (2)
220CC
15
25
9
Leather with metal scales riveted to the outside.  Parenthesized AV
applies on severe or deadly hits. Adds +1 to attack priority.
Brigandine
3
280CC
16
27
12
Padded linen with small leather plates riveted to the inside, each
leather plate sandwiching steel strips.  Adds +1 to attack priority.
Chainmail
CC
4 (3)
1,500CC
50
30
68
A long-sleeved coat that hangs to the wearer’s knees, made of
interlocking links of wire. Parenthesized AV applies to piercing
attacks. Adds +2 to attack priority.
Plate Mail
CC
4
2,800CC
70
35
141
Chainmail with steel plates in strategic positions.  Adds +2 to
attack priority.
Plate Armor
CC
5
5,400CC
90
45
274
Plate sections covering chainmail, with plate gauntlets Adds +3 to
attack priority.
Elven Lamellar
3
450CC
11
22
7
Treated leather with hardened wood plates sewn into it (armor does
not hinder swimming). Parenthesized AV applies on severe or deadly
hits. Adds +1 to attack priority. Elves may purchase for 150CC.
Elven Mesh
4
8,400CC
40
35
115
A full-body suit of finely woven mesh, made from elvish Aell-metal.
Very rare, usually worn by Elven kings.  Elves may purchase for
2,400CC if they can influence the Armorer to do so.
Dwarven Chainmail
5 (4)
7,000CC
50
50
177
As for Chainmail, but more rugged. Dwarves may purchase for 3,500CC.
Adds +2 to attack priority.
Dwarven Plate
5
10,000CC
70
55
253
As for Plate Mail, but more rugged. Dwarves may purchase for
5,000CC.  Adds +2 to attack priority.
Dwarven Plate Armor
6
26,000CC
90
65
694
As for Plate Armor, but more rugged. Dwarves may purchase for
13,000CC. Adds +3  to attack priority.

As you can see I tried to emulate a sort of 1/2 AV system for some of
the "between" armors by beefing up protection in certain areas, or
downgrading it in others.