[PnP] New Players Wanted

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Mon Aug 27 05:46:46 CEST 2007

[Weird had to do some tricks to quote teh entire message.  Must've been some email color code or something in the email.

>I am willing to give it a try, but know little about PBEM other than a >couple attempts that the game was canceled for RL problems or >something.

Well I've stopped for a week or two at a time but overall never stopped since 1999.

>I have been trying version 2 rules, is there more complete ones out >there?
>The rules I have are 2 years old

Nope.  that's it. I'm probably 80% converted over to v2 for the pbem.  I'm going to have to spend a few weeks updating all the Magic users on their new BMCs and cost next levels.  Once that's done should go faster.  Though I've not read every word of version 2 myself due to time.  Each time I do I still learn something new.  So may be something there I've not looked at yet.

>So please inform me as to were to apply and find any other rules you >use

Like the other posts mention check out the website.  Everything to learn about how its done, style, actions, combat and other stuff is on the game website.  The first few links on the site should be looked at.  Including how to join which has a packet to download.  Speaking of which I just updated after 2 years since some of it is outdated (and still is).  If your still interested return the game application and we'll work on your character in private email.

Rather not clutter this list with pbem stuff so if any further quesitons can send email.

www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
email: longshot at darktech.org

>Racially I prefer non humans, usually some sort of magic type.
>Got any tiny Dragons?
>I understand there may be problems with some races and thats part of >the fun.
>Fitting in to a 'real' world is part of the challenge, though I will need to >read up on area attitudes and such, at least as much as the character >should know.

That's fine.  No.  no dragons :) Course we do have our first half breed (ala v2) in the pnp game (first for me ever).  So could do a half breed but should consider that in depth first.  Like I say party will likely lose the Faerry so it'll be 1 elf and rest humans likely after this adventure.

Check out the site.  Check out some random updates
at least one general and one combat to see how I do and other do their things.  If good to go email and we'll go from tehre.

Note: Getting a cold so may be slow responding this week :<  May not do non vital stuff to rest.  But we'll see how it goes.