[PnP] Query.

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Thu Dec 6 06:45:05 CET 2007

 From what I can recall of the rules the El=Mel/2 was never a really a
limit.
It was only placed for 'common' magic items and would represent the
average mage
Similar rules exist on making NPC mages
The characters can reach Els higher than Mel/2 and can make items with
those ratings
Also and item can be re-enchanted and the new Mel and El will replace
the old ones, but there is risk of destroying the item.
Now it could get tricky with multiple enchantments since they could be
at different Els instead of overall El
The rules did not cover that.
What about 3 mages all enchant the same weapon?
One does the Hit chance, another the WSB and the third the fatigue
It could have 3 different Mel and El, and should.
But to try it, the weapon MDV resists the changes and the more powerful
it is the more risk the mage has.

And your 'Natural Mage' can use innate casting and burn Enl to prevent
abysmals as can Innate Mages, as long as they know how to make the item.
Innate powers can easily be very high El