[PnP] Lions, tigers and bears oh my!

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Wed Jan 10 14:04:15 CET 2007

Well, very few of the creatures/monsters listed in the v2 books have any sort of terrain indication, so as I go through the entries and mark down notes in my excel sheet I'm having to make my best guess.  For the animals it's pretty clear since I can draw upon Earth equivalents.  Monsters and contact-level entities are trickier.

I'm using a relatively simple formula to determine "shares" -- 3/(SIZE+1), multiplied by a factor based on type: Carnivore x1, herbivore x10, NA x1/2, all others x2, all fractions rounded to the nearest, and a minimum of 1.

Once all the shares are found, the program will choose a random number from 1 to (total shares) in order to choose the creature.

For CL creatures, their shares go into a block that has it's own picker where the number of shares is inversely related to the CL (i.e. lower CL is more common).

I have done animals and balance, working on chaos now.  When all entries are in I'll go back over the book 3 tables and correct the encounter terrains for existing creatures. Once complete I have to update the postscript program and I'll release it.

Burton Choinski | Principal Software Engineer | ENOVIA MatrixOne
210 Littleton Road | Westford, MA  01886
Office: 978 589 4089 | Fax: 978 589 5903 | Cell: 508 843 7183
burton.choinski at matrixone.com
The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain legally privileged, proprietary and confidential information that is intended for a particular recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail information is prohibited. When addressed to MatrixOne clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone or by return e-mail, and delete the e-mail.

May take some time to fit into my schedule.  We all know how things we want to do get shelved by things we have to do. :P

burton.choinski at matrixone.com