[PnP] my first post - a few very noob questions

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Mon Sep 17 01:23:10 CEST 2007

>Part of the fun of adventuring is seeing if one can increase their status.
>My magic user rolled a status of 0. This is explained in her backstory
>as having been born to a
>relatively high status shaman mother, but being a half breed and taken
>to a new land after her
>mother died she was treated as status 0 by her father's kin. She started
>adventuring shortly after
>his death in part to avoid the social unpleasantness. By adventuring she
>has acquired experience,
>wealth and contacts. As her MEL climbed so did her presentation of what
>her status is.
>She is (or acts as if it is) currently status 6.

Now to obtain that land and the facility and all that :)

>has had abysmal failure on spells where without add'l modifiers her
>chance of success was over 100%.
>
>P&P is somewhat unbalanced in that powerful mages are REALLY powerful.

The answer is there.  Way too powerful :)
So why even with 200% success in my universe there is still a chance of failure though slim :)  Gods can change their minds on a whim in magic success :)

> By the way, I live in Tarpon Springs, Florida and am always looking
>> for interested gamers. We're going to the Necronomicon in October 5,

>haven't managed to
>get down to visit Whitehorse.

I'm only a 3 hour drive from Scott but 2 pnp GMs with the same name in the same room could explode the universe?  I guess he missed my post to him on this or it didn't get out :)  or lost in the mix of others.

been long time since you posted here!  We don't get to talk much :)