[PnP] noob questions part III - Son of Noob Questions

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Sep 20 03:00:15 CEST 2007

At 06:08 PM 9/19/07, you wrote:
>Yes, it's a franchise now. Buy the action figures while you can...
>
>1) Would a character with innate abilities ONLY get energy back via a
>daily energy roll (he gets 1d6 back if a roll of d100 minus EL is less
>than Con)? In other words, he doesn't use the Mana regeneration rules
>unless he is also a magic user? Also, I assume that roll is daily - it
>never really specifies that I can find.
Yes.  Once per day.  Usuaully sunrise or midnight or whatever the GM wants.  Course there are spells. :) I made some Mana Powers spells and richard adapted them for v2.  Also made a Energy Spell though one had existed for Shadow magic.  It will allow you to use mana to regain energy.  :)

>2) For magic users, the energy level is never affected by spell
>casting, correct? Of course the casting ability can never exceed the
>energy level, but mana used on a spell is only deducted from the
>casting ability, not from the energy level. Unlike for characters with
>innate powers (who are not magic users), who deduct from Current
>Energy Level.

Yes and No.  Innates can be trained.  So they can cast magic and use mana or energy.  For example some spells in the priesthood may take from energy or from mana.  Also energy can be affected by spells with abyysmal failures or in some special cases spells may rquire energy to be also lost for added effects.