[PnP] Perm Magics...how...?

Burton Choinski bchoinski at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 04:29:22 CET 2008

Well, at least with the Construction regent I have been cranking out a
pile of structures, and thus building up a base for my occupations
rules.

STANDARD STRUCTURES

The following structures have been built with these rules and are
presented here for ease of building your new town. All times and costs
assume a 10-man crew working in settled areas. Maintenance cost is
average per year (+/- 10%).

Artisan’s Household: A home for station 3 living in towns or open
country for a family of five (two adults, three children).  The main
structure is a fine quality two-story 50x40 building with an
appropriate pitched roof for the structure and a 50x40 brick cellar
(stone, for the stone household). Stairs of the household material
lead to both the second story and the cellar, and includes two brick
chimneys and three fireplaces (one for each floor, plus kitchen).  The
house includes it’s own brick privy.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Household
1,440
160
36
Brick Household
1,600
181
40
Stone Household
2,280
291
57
Also included is a common quality 20x30 single story building with a
pitched roof for up to 5 servants, with a brick fireplace and
chimney.  A brick well (40’ deep) is used for both the household and
servant needs.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Servant House
210
23
6
Brick Servant House
250
28
7
Stone Servant House
335
42
9

Forge: A basic forge used by any sort of heat based craft (blacksmith,
armorer, glassblower, etc).  Each forge building must be dedicated to
a single craft and has facilities for one craft master and up to 3
assistants. The structure is a 20x15 single story building with a
vaulted roof and a stone forge.  Included in the price are a bellows
for the forge (3CC), a charcoal bin that holds 600# (2CC), two work
tables (2CC), a basic set of tools (30CC) and a 50# anvil (315CC). A
forge under normal use requires 100# of charcoal per month.

Forges used for armorers require an additional 50CC in tools.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Forge
420
8
4
Brick Forge
430
9
4
Stone Forge
460
14
6

Forge, large: As for a basic forge, but enlarged to have room for one
craft master, one journeyman and up to six assistants. Some sharing of
resources is possible, so it’s not as expensive as two separate
forges. The structure is a 20x30 single story building with a vaulted
roof and a stone forge 50% greater in size.  Included in the price are
a large bellows for the forge (4CC), a charcoal bin that holds 600#
(2CC), four work tables (4CC), a basic set of tools with extras (45CC)
and a large 75# anvil (470CC). A large forge under normal use requires
150# of charcoal per month.

Large Forges used for armorers require an additional 75CC in tools.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Forge
655
14
7
Brick Forge
675
17
8
Stone Forge
735
27
11

Freeman’s Home: A basic home for station 1 living in towns or open
country for a family of five (two adults, three children). This
structure is a two-story 30x20 building with an appropriate pitched
roof for the structure and a 20x20 brick cellar (stone, for the stone
home).  Wooden stairs lead to both the second story and the cellar,
and includes a brick chimney and fireplace.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Home
265
29
7
Brick Home
295
33
8
Stone Home
420
53
11

Merchant’s Home: A basic home for station 2 living in towns or open
country for a family of five (two adults, three children). This
structure is a two-story 40x30 building with an appropriate pitched
roof for the structure and a 40x30 brick cellar (stone, for the stone
home).  Wooden stairs lead to both the second story and the cellar,
and includes a brick chimney and two fireplaces (one for each floor).

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Home
580
64
15
Brick Home
640
72
16
Stone Home
910
116
23

Peasant’s House: A basic home for station 0 living in towns or open
country for a family of five (two adults, three children). This
structure is a 20x15 building with a 10x15 upper loft reached by a
ladder and a thatched roof. A small 10x10 root cellar is reached from
outside the house and is little more then a hole in the ground. Also
included is a simple hearth for cooking and heat.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood House
95
11
3
Brick House
100
12
3

Stables: These are used to house mules or horses overnight (along
trade routes) or over longer time periods (wintering, or as a part of
a full-time farm).  A stable includes the structure itself plus a
separate (but close) building containing feed and hay, enough for at
least half a year at full occupancy.  For stables with enough land, a
paddock of 1 acre per animal will allow the animals to roam and feed
on their own to a degree (except in winter), which will reduce the
overall expenses of the stable.  Paddocks can be formed using 80
lengths of wood fence per acre.

A basic stable is a 50x30 single story structure with a vaulted roof,
enough for 6 stalls and a work/care area.  The storage building is a
20x20 foot pitched roof building.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Stable
365
40
19
Brick Stable
435
49
22
    +Paddock
335
34
2

Workshop: A basic structure used by crafts that do not require a
forge, including fletchers/bowyers, carpenters, leatherworkers, etc.
Each workshop must be dedicated to a single craft and has facilities
for one craft master and up to 3 assistants. The structure is a 20x15
single story building with an appropriate vaulted roof and a brick
hearth for winter heat.  Included in the price are two work tables
(2CC), and a basic set of tools (30CC).

Forges used for jewelers require an additional 50CC in tools.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint
Wood Workshop
95
7
3
Brick Workshop
105
9
4
Stone Workshop
135
14
6

Workshop, large: As for a basic workshop, but enlarged to have room
for one craft master, one journeyman and up to six assistants. Some
sharing of resources is possible, so it’s not as expensive as two
separate workshops. The structure is a 20x30 single story building
with an appropriate vaulted roof and a brick hearth for winter heat.
Included in the price are four work tables (4CC) and a basic set of
tools with extras (45CC).

Large workshops used for Jewelers require an additional 75CC in tools.

Structure
Cost
Time
Maint