[PnP] Resurrection

Burton Choinski bchoinski at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 23:56:47 CET 2008

My Law Wizard has figured that a good way to get in good with people
(an make money from royalty) is to use his resurrection spell.

Now after discussing with the group we have decided that it should not
be as easy as all that -- I am making it a long ritual (casting time
in watches (4 hours)), and the cost in purified materials (oils,
fabrics, spices, etc) is 1GC/mana.

The cost makes it less of a spell to pop off at will...if you are in
the field, unless you have a pack with those supplies you ain't doing
it (the gods don't listen).

However, on problem with the spell seems to be the actual effect.  How
much of the body is actually needed?  At high levels you can get
pretty far along in time.

While a high level may be allowed to go for years, can you still get
full effect?  Or is the effect supposed to be a time/power tradeoff.
Richard, it would be great if you could chime in with the grand intent
of the spell.

I am planning to implement a "Non-revivifying" clause in the spell for
plot reasons in my game coming up, and it meshes with a similar idea
in the Jhereg series by Steve Brust.