[PnP] Elf Shot

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed May 7 05:45:24 CEST 2008

Wow thats a severe loss on bow dedication, especially when dealing with
elf bows.
But failures and especially abysmal failures can have such effects under
the permanency rules so its not out of bounds.

A definite problem for multiple use, you do not want to use the bow for
other than elfshot
The cost in mana is not so bad but loosing the bow could be critical

Thanks for your viewpoint on this, so many different ways it has been
handled

I have never used this spell since the game was new, this is the first
time I thought my character could use it well.
It can be quite powerful in some situation, so it has many limits and
apparently many GMs thought it needed more.
Most campaigns I have GMed, the spell would have been ineffective versus
the characters involved with the standard Els opponents would have had.
Either from high HP or high armor and shields, or other defensive items.
I suppose there was a small chance it worked but usually there were
better options.
The characters rarely showed interest in the spell for their own use, so
I forgot most everything about it.