[PnP] A Version Two Combat System

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Nov 25 10:40:16 CET 2008

At 02:14 PM 11/24/08, you wrote:
>I have been curious for quite some time about Mr. Snider's views concerning a v2 development of the combat system. I recall reading a brief snippet in the Errata about a 'work-in-development' series of ideas

As you know Richard did all of v2 except from minor input from folks here, his friends, players and he did use some (100 or so) new spells I created over the years (about half).  But 95% is likely his pure hand.  So I guess he feels it suitable.  He tends to get busy as we all do.  But around Xmas time he posts soem big present.  Too late for this year but maybe a combat revamp could be done for next Xmas.  We shall see.  One thing about this group, list and website is rules are numerous.  Systems are mixed and some are ignored.  Its a buffet of what you want to use or not to use.  So revamp them all you want and we'll still appreciate the user content. :)

I find Combat system as is well done.  There are always things to add or improve but again variant rules allow that like for marital arts, subdual, and grappling for example.  Magic is great as is too.  Tons of new creatures/monsters (I know cause I typed them all up for myself - ?? no I did something for Richard with them...maybe typed them from pdf forms for him to text? man its been years).

Even though PL is great thingws on Upper/Lower world would be great as a Xmas present too one year.  Course this time around I'm hoping he comments on the complex Shadow Magic system :)

At any rate we'll likely hear from him in the next 3 weeks I suspect unless he is really busy.

For now and for all on the list Happy Thanksgiving!