[PnP] Questions For Scott Adams

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Nov 27 16:08:53 CET 2008

At 07:32 PM 11/26/08, you wrote:
>I was always impressed with the sheer volume of your contributions to the site. Is your 'ship project' finished, or is there more to come? You seem to be qualified to 'write the book' on all things marine. Any mass-armada sea-battle rules in the works, or guidelines for ship construction?
>I was also wondering if all of your new spells were posted. I know you said Richard incorporated about half of them in V2.
>(I'm a big fan of Corpse Explosion)

I'm just the current busy-bee.  Years gone by others like Alex, Burton and many others helped out far more than I did.  Back then just did basic suggestions not full supplement style work.  On the ship project I've been so busy not had much time on it.  with the PBEM that takes 80% of my weekly time.  Though this time of year is even busier for me I did dust off the files a week ago.  I hope next month to get at least some work on it done.  So who knows.  The project is about 90% done with 18 flies/1.3 megs of material already made up.  The last 2 files are the critical heart the ship construction and warfare.  Burton has done a construction sheet but I want to look at it but also not.  I don't want to copy an idea from him cause that would be unfair to him.  Problem with construction is some like hit points others like levels and such.  So I have to come up with a good overall system.  I did have a brainstorm back in August (just hope I made notes on it!).  Trust me once I get the general missing-link of teh construction part over it'll fly.  Then the warfare will fly and should be done in a week.  Can't do warfare till you know the system used.

I'll make a promise.  It'll be done by this time next year :)  How's that.  Hopefully before summer.  Before Spring.

I figure man hours I only need week for warfare and maybe 2-3 weeks for construction.  Just have to find the time.  TV will be mostly repeats and pbem will go fast so next month looks good.

As to the CE spell that came from Diablo :) Saw it like the Archery spells and made them among the others over the last 2 decades.  No not all are published.  I don't think.  When done with ship project I plan to clean up my pnp dir and maybe do a CD of all the files and see what the site has and not for the uploads.  The Ship project has about 80 spells or so but I did post them all here awhile back.

Yea.  I run 26 game systems since teh '80s (4-5 mainly in the top).  This group and site is the best I've seen.  Aside from that certain dungeon game this is the biggest I've seen.

----
JH - good post.  I saved it for later study.
---
Wout - can you leave those pdfs up for a week? Want to grab 2 this weekend when get time.  Distracted right now and need to do quick update for PBEM.