[PnP] Tower of the Dead

Scott M scottee.mac at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:13:27 CEST 2009

Hi Floyd,

I've never run Powers & Perils via PBEM but have played it. Generally each
combat round, the GM asks for actions. Obviously the GM has some liberty in
the specifics of those actions. Those who don't reply in time generally take
default actions or no actions.

Some systems don't lend themselves to that (3.5 for example) because they
are more tactical games. (Try using 90% of your D&D 3.5 feats without a
map!) Even with P&P, guesstimations need to be made for example on spell and
projectile range.

Some have suggested using tactical maps even for combat but I would find it
cumbersome creating them and updating them with player position. Those who
enjoy them though, probably have good luck with them.

Lev or Scott can probably answer these types of questions a little better,
having run the system via PBEM.

Good luck.