[PnP] Making an Elvish Bow

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Sun May 3 03:51:15 CEST 2009

Since I could not find much about its construction, I thought I would
try to write something about it.
Note: I do not actually include build times etc at this point.
There is a lot of different times given in many places.
Old rules imply (wsb+2)^2 and should not include an Elvish +1 to WSB? so
should be 9 days.
Other rules set that as high as 90 days?
I am looking for my copy of Chivalry and Sorcery as it had some good
rules on crafting.

In RL bows can be done in a couple days, though some use longer curring
times and could be weeks.
Survival guides show how to make a fairly good bow quite quickly.

So if someone wishes to look this over and perhaps help flesh it out?

Since an Elvish Bow has no strength required I figure it must either be
alive or magical or both.
So I went with life and required Enl in it's making.
I did not assign numbers yet as that needs to be figured carefully so
the common elf can make one.
Allowing the 'oils' to be premade and prepaid would minimize that problem.
Then preparation time becomes important for recovery of Enl.