[PnP] Darkness and Dispel

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Tue May 4 04:39:33 CEST 2010

Quick comments (without lots of thought):

As GM I would say that the default for Darkness is that it is cast on an
area and the caster can thereafter move within or leave the area...BUT a
caster could center it on himself or an item and then the Darkness would
move around as the caster or item moved.

The v2 spell says that anyone in contact with the caster can see.

The v2 spell also says that ANY light spell negates the Darkness and
vice versa. No mention of relative ELs or MDVs.

My character in Scott's game has put a LOT of effort into her
Dispel/Banish Chaos spell...and only has it up to EL5, half the EL of
some of her other spells. Granted, many of her spells are still EL0.

Idea: It might be easier to dispel the summoning spell than to directly
banish a summoned creature. If the summoning is dispelled it may force
the summoned creature to leave...or may not (up to the GM).

I am tempted to see if an Illusion of Light has any affect on
Darkness...perhaps we shall see if the Darkness lasts long enough.

             Alex