[PnP] Short book report

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Sat Aug 15 18:23:50 CEST 2015

I am currently reading a book by Markus Heitz called "Legends of the Alfar - Book 1, Rightous Fury.  Heitz actually writes in german and the books get translated to English.  Well written and I was intrigued from the beginning.  The author also has a series about dwarves...closer to the PnP version.

Anyway, the books don't describe these Alfar to be in any way like the PnP Alfar, but they would be perfect for how Daoine Sidhe might act.  They have slaves, are warlike, artists, musicians, ambitious, and an imperiousness that would lend well to a campaign.  Their leaders are so amazing compared to the 'normal' Alfar, that to look upon their perfection drives the normal Alfar insane.

Anyway, to me it's a fascinating book with excellent ideas for how certain races might act.  I got my copy from the local library, so it cost nothing.

Dave Sanders

Sent from my iPad