[PnP] The Lower World

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 17:57:06 CET 2015

The lower world is a land of perpetual Twilight...think of it as just after sunset or just before sunrise.  It is a land of extremes...extreme beauty, extreme environments, and extreme danger.  There is always some light, but no sun.  A variable moon (or moons) would be an excellent addition.

It is split into three distinct areas that tend to, if not war upon each other, certainly try to take advantage of the others.  Those three are The Elder Lands, The Pale of Kototh, and The Elemental Lands.  The Elder Lands consist of woodlands, forests, breathtaking valleys and flower-covered fields, smaller marshes, hills and mountains.  The mountain areas are mostly for the Dwarves and their kin and allies, though they might have outdoor habitations.  The Sidh occupy the forest areas with their kin and allies.

The Pale of Kototh is a land of twisted forests, jungles, marshes, badlands, deserts, hills and mountains.

The Elemental Lands would be especially dangerous areas of earth, fire, water and air.  The powers in this area would be quite capricious and rarely what we might consider 'moral'.

Almost all of the forces in these three realms would be more concerned with maintaining what they have and defending it from interlopers.  They would have little interest in 'helping' party members.  Also, most of the forces would be stronger than their middle world cousins.  In other words, many would be double size using the creature variation rules...maybe more!

The Sidh would engage in constant hunting, arts, and war.  Dwarves much the same, though their art might be stone and metal work.  The Kotothi would tend towards invading the other realms.  Elemental areas might be especially harsh environments.

None of the forces in the area would be especially welcoming to humans....

Sent from my iPad