[PnP] Vamps/Lost Girl

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Tue Oct 25 19:33:53 CEST 2016

Let's start to say that I see no need for a daily energy loss for such a
halfbreed.  On the other hand, the In/Succubis has a need to drain
energy, so there must be a basis for that (but not necesarily for their
halfbreed offspring.)

As a In/Succubus can opt to drain a minimum of 10% of his/her EnL you
could set the minimum daily sustenance at that level. I guess that would
set the level at the high end of what seems to fit in the P&P universe.

A low value  that fits my take of the P&P universe would be to set an
EnL loss of 1D6 per day that can only be regained through draining. If
you feel nasty, ALL energy loss that such a creature suffers can be
regained through draining, i.e. there is no natural energy recovery at all.

A low end would be no daily energy loss, but have all magic use
including shape change and seduction drain EnL and have no natural
energy recovery, so ALL energy needs to be regained through draining or
face death/coma through energy loss.

You could opt for one of these three and if desired combine that with
the 25% chance that the halfbreed gains the same (dis)ability as his/her
parent (father in this case).

On the other hand, the Merlin example given in the rules is an
indication for me there needs to be no daily energy loss or draining
necessity, given what I know of the Merlin saga, and the halfbreed rules
that state such children are exceptional magic users but give no
indication of draining powers.

So if I would run a game with an incubus halfbreed I probably would not
have a daily energy loss. But that is my take.