[PnP] pnp digest vol 155, issue #3 - spell books

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 11 22:14:05 CET 2019

To my mind, a student will write down a spell as it is taught to him/her, but only one spell to a page. As time passses & mage gains experience, they will want space to jot down notes of observations, cautions & unexpeted side effects - to prevent a future disaster/mistake. That seems only logical to me (But, I am born under the sign of Virgo, so  logic is useful to me - lol) If spell is complicated, student should leave at least one blank page before writing down next spell, for possible future notes. If a type of magic discipline that doesn't usually write down spells, the mage/shaman-whatever might still make written notes of observations made over time.

After all, how better to teach your own apprentices? Learn from your mistakes & try not to get distracted during a casting. Notes for emergency saving techniques might be added as footnotes to spells or spell classes.

If want to keep information secret, the mage will probably develop his/her own shorthand, or use the more esoteric supernatural languages to keep curious eyes at a minimum.

Bess L. Hadley