Ship and Sailing in Perilous Lands

Lyndon Liberty lliberty at ERINET.COM
Sun Dec 14 17:34:35 CET 1997

I found the map on page 36 of the Site Book. It blows everything I know out
the door because it has 3 or 4 legs of the journey on "the way east" that are
over 400 miles without re-supplying. One Leg even looks like it is 1200 miles!!!!

It is now my concidered opinion that the people who put the Lands together
just didn't know anything about ships. It seems that they just figured, a ship is
a ship is a ship..... They picked small ones so that the players might get one
someday if they saved all their gold. If they have all these small ships and can
go 1200 miles in a Quadreme without a re-supply stop, they have to have help.
(I still think it's designer error, I'm just espousing my fix for thier error.)
 I have the Gods interfering in the Lands, but they do not have a Presence
unless they have an Avatar, like Slidranth. They can give boons and blessing,
as well as curses and blights. Why else would Abaddon be the Lord of the
Demonic Locusts? If they can not be called down by his priests on a neighbor,
why bother? In our adventure of late, we took on Mab in his tower, and we did
beat him, but if it wasn't for the sheer luck of our dwarf shattering the altar of
Kototh there, we would have been stuck in the lower world in Kototh's hands
and died after many years of torture. Because he destroyed the altar instead of
just desicrating it, the other Gods took note of our actions, and to avoid an out-
right war, they agreed the fight was between Mab and us. We got sent back to
the swamp. This does NOT mean that Kototh will not wreck our lives from now
on every chance he gets. We crossed a God, and that is not allowed to go
unpunished. (by ANY mythos) Our lives will be full of adventure because of it.
(by the way we made Mab a present for Avalon..... long story....)