P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Choinski, Burt BChoinski at XSERV.BILLERICA-MA.PERITUS.COM
Tue Nov 18 17:57:24 CET 1997

Larry D. Hols [SMTP:crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET]
||>Seriously, I have at times taken the encounter rolled and tweaked it
||>little (I once took a Great Ape encounter and described them as big
evil
||>bears.  I think I tweaked the stats a little, and modified the
behavior
||>a tad, but it worked okay)
||        This is true.  I created several creatures to fit into my
|| campaigns.  They got ported to campaigns using other rules sytems,
too.  I
|| would like a well-developed bestiary in the core rules set.  I don't
want
|| the xD&D monster-a-minute hodge podge, but I do see a need for
greater
|| variety in the P&P set.

Actually, in the above example I gave it was a one-shot because I wanted
to give them something "unknown" (they were in strange territories).

And for cripes sakes alter the CDF determination.  I hate the current
"AHP squared" system (tecnically, it's AHP*(AHP/10), but you get the
point).  Huge meat-wad creatures who can't hit the side of a mountain or
are just there for the whacking (low OCV or DCV) are worth a ton of
points, for very little risk.

Also, larger creatures should get some sort of protection against
"deadly hits".  Example: many huge creatures are pitiful in the DCV
department, so any PC with a decent EL and OCV is going to be lopping
heads.
        -- Burton
Burton Choinski, Peritus Software Services Inc.
bchoinski at peritus.com