P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Thu Nov 20 07:48:38 CET 1997

*** Quoting w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL from a message to longshot ***

w.> The number of dead games (with a very small live audience) is (most
w.> probably) greater than the number of still viable games. AD&D always
w.> seems to do very well, but that box of Rolemaster has had a place on
w.> the shelves for years at the local games store. Mouth to mouth
w.> advertising plays a very important part in this of course.

I agree there.  Alot of simple one box style games like PNP survive in many
gaming stores for this very fact that dead doesn't always mean the game is
dead.  Every convention has one or two games of old playing.

w.> How many of the p&p players out there started with another system.
w.> And was that a low-mech or high-mech system? Question 51 for the
w.> questionnaire.

Good question to ask as well.  I come from a wide variety of games both GM and
player wise.

w.> 2) The names of dwarfs, elves and faerries have been changed. Now I
w.> can see who is who from the descriptions, but why the change of
w.> names?

That's what I don't agree with the new version.  Renaming them just throws the
entire mechanics of pnp1 out IMHO.  I guess you've seen the basic outline so
far huh?

~~~ Telegard v3.08.b12/mL