The weirdness will now begin

Longshot Longshot at FRINGE.JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Sat Apr 11 23:46:20 CEST 1998

*** Quoting "Choinski, Burt" from a message to longshot ***

"B> It is that.  The book is great for getting background hooks out of.
"B> You can, of course, end up with completely twisted individuals if you
"B> are not careful.

     So do you follow the result to the letter or span on it?

"B> However, I have always played and viewed the Donarans as the
"B> "decadent roman orgy types", so it wasn't too bad a stretch.
"B> Actually, the skill in my game is "SexAppeal", and she is a Female
"B> centaur, so he may have just liked the scenery. :)

I dunno..I always played them as normals...

"B> When I used the book I have them roll the age of the events first.
"B> Then, when they are rolling the actual tables I weight the
"B> reasonableness of the result against the current age of the character
"B> and all other past events.  If it doesn't work, they reroll.  This
"B> weeds out the really twisted results without removing all of the
"B> twists and turns.

That's true.  Do you use this table in conjuction or in replacement of the
Special Events in the pnp rules?  Do you do it the same number of age rolls?

"B> Well, not really.  I am running a modified RuneQuest game system
"B> (some would say completely bastardized :) that uses my 2d10 task
"B> skill system. I have been using the various Gloranthan Gods, but
"B> using the Perilous Lands.  It has been a bit tricky, but so far it
"B> has worked well.  Glorantha-wise, their "Chaos" is my "Kotothi".

ahh..I've not run RQ enough to really know the indepth stuff on the gods snad
such..sigh...  But the last part there makes sense :)

"B> Whatever cultural stuff I work up for the Lands that I post here will
"B> be cleaned up for pure P&P.  Plus any game aids i make that are of
"B> general use.

Great...

"B> Tell me about it. And the characters have decided to set down roots
"B> in Novholm (far enough away from the capital that this character can
"B> operate)         -- Burton

At least till they get into trouble right ? :)

~~~ Telegard v3.09.b17/mL