Mass combat rules...
longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Mon Apr 27 01:30:57 CEST 1998
Mass combat rules
1) We could use some subset or subsection of those rules for
Aerial and especially naval battles. :) Any takers?
2) What about non-human forces. A section of modifiers should
be given for like Elven archers (sometimes better than humans),
Dwarfs (strength factor), etc...
3) I see the special forces section I suppose aerial bombers cold
be given there..ie faerry bombers :)...
4) Tactics/formation could affect the battle as well. Its sorta
covered but leaders could pick like picket lines, box formation,
etc. And factor those in. Just a suggestion.
5) It could use some weather affects (storms, cold, etc.)
6) With weather comes fog which reminds me of smoke on the battle field.
7) The damage chart
12 2d3 damage
10-11 2d6-AV damage
8-9 4d6-AV damage
6-7 8d6-AV damage
5- 12d6-AV damage
I suggest adding info on affecting that with skills and stats.
Ie those who have survival, tactics oriented skills should
do better to avoid damage than a peasant :).
Sorry couldn't be more specific. In a hurry.
|Fidonet: Scott Adams 1:112/91 at fidonet
|Internet: longshot at jax.fidonet.org
| Brought to you by the Net 112 Gateway.
More information about the pnp