Alchemy System ?

Oliver Hankeln oliver at SPEKTRACOM.DE
Mon Dec 7 12:19:58 CET 1998

Hi I am new to this list and so I am not absolutley sure if my topic fits..

I am looking for a alchemy *system* that is more than just if you roll a 7
your potion will work ...

What i need is something that allows the Charakter and his Player to do some
research. I think of something like
" what might happen if i mix that heap of crumbled stone into this blue
fluid  ??
  (DM looks in some tables)
- Mhmmm.Nothing ? No !! The bottle begins to melt ! Looks like I should note
that for the future ... "
I want to have a complex system with defined results . I don't think that
someone with all the ingredients the tools and a recipe should have to roll
some dice to decide wether he can mix some things and bring them to boiling
..
okay , i know some tasks are a bit dangerous - roll your dice then !
And i know some things have to be trained - but don't you think that in most
cases the result is the same wether a fully learned alchemist or a small
child mixes to potions ??

So, and i'd be glad if not only you can help to find such a system (Or help
me developing one ...) But if it was free found from internet ...

I hope my begging finds its ears -

        Thanks in advance    Oliver