Question about Dodging and stuff...

Longshot Longshot at FRINGE.DIGINC.XG.COM
Sun Oct 18 21:54:22 CEST 1998

*** Quoting Powers and Perils Fantasy Rolepl... from a message to Longshot ***

PaPF> We use it often. What's more, we opted that you can dodge AND attack,
PaPF> if you are fighting with one small weapon, no shield, and the attack
PaPF> was a shield hit or miss. Now, lightly-armed thieves like to dodge a
PaPF> lot. Nobody ever seems to bother dodging magic, though. Perhaps
PaPF> that's because I (DM) have a nasty habit of using non-dodgeable magic
PaPF> (fascination, quarrels and oblivion especially).

     Yeah sometimes I allow dodge and attack but its really easy to abuse if
you don't be careful :).  I remeber one guy went like 13 rounds of combat just
dodging each other and not fighting.  Picture a sword fight with no hits.  And
so it can drag on :).  Same on the magic here..:) oblivioon..ohhhh :)

PaPF> just create new magic-users or magic items, using the P&P system,
PaPF> spells and supernatural languages. I feel it fits better in the
PaPF> P&P-alignment system, then. Don't bother converting all these weird
PaPF> AD&D-spells into something adjusted to the P&P-rules, but un-P&P-like
PaPF> :)

     How extensive to you keep to the supernatural languages? Sometimes I'm
very lax and other times its required for some things but to 'obtain' spells
from languages is kinda weird at times for me to run.  Comments?

     Use my encounter program lately? :)..

     Been awhile since we typed to each other :)

~~~ Telegard v3.09.g2-sp3/mL