(new to the list)

Wout Broere w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL
Mon Oct 19 10:27:38 CEST 1998

>Hey.  Whenever I get to my web pages I want to do a pnp page..and would
want to
>post a copy of the rules and such I typed up.  Think that would be a
copywrite
>issue since its technically out of print and not supported?

As a coarse guideline:

As long as it are your own write-ups and not the original AH rules, there
should be no problem. The technicalities of a rule-book have to be patented
to be protected, P&P is not patented; the written expression of those rules
can and is copyrighted. You can't retype and publish the literal original
p&p rule books.

You can write your own rules, adventures or such for use with p&p and
publish them. Or D&D for that matter, whatever TSR used to say about it.
You can use the technical terms like S, St, OCV etc. You can't use the
names of example characters or places from the Perilous Lands extensively,
as the setting is copyrighted. But a long a no one cares, and no monetary
gain is involved, even that is a relatively safe thing to use.

Ft