Fri Aug 20 02:50:45 CEST 1999

At 05:03 PM 8/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Sure, but in at least one campaign I have had my PCs realize that the
>best
>way to increase Knowledge is to use (cast) it.  It made for a nice
>little
>bonus here and there along the way for other spells, but it really
>increased
>their Knowledge el, which of course, made it all the more effective to
>use
>and increased the frequency it could be used.  I don't consider it a
>problem,
>but it can certainly have an impact, particularly if you consider the
>effect
>of an item which casts the spell every x days...the PCs will constantly
>gain
>"training" points even on the road, and if they do actually train they
>will
>gain even more for their training time.

This leads to another question..this knowledge comes from 'supernatural
forces'...in a good game it would come from some religious aspect (a god
they worship) or such...however what if your wizard is not religious?  Then
does it come from dead wizards? :)

Makes you wonder..and if you wanna be mean you could have that knoweldge
come from a person who hates that person and backfire :)
Abysmal might TAKE away knowledge or such :)