Dynamic Spell Creation System

Scott Adams Scott_Adams at FRINGE.DIGINC.XG.COM
Tue Jan 26 13:09:53 CET 1999

*** Quoting Powers and Perils Fantasy Rolepl... from a message to Longshot ***

PaPF> BMC:      -1 or+0   +0          +1              +2 or x2        +3 or
PaPF> Duration:   once    phases   turns to hours  days to weeks      perman
PaPF> Range:      touch   0-1"        (EL+1)"         miles           unlimi
PaPF> Area Effect: none   0-1"        (EL+1)"         (EL+1)x2"       miles
PaPF> Damage:     none    EL+1        (EL+1)D6        dmg per phase   fatal
PaPF> Roll modif: none    EL+1        (EL+1)x10%       --             (EL+1)

PaPF> Of course, this is very global, but it gives an impression of what I m
PaPF> The Referee can impose restrictions, such as the need for a portion of
PaPF> victim's anatomy, etc.
PaPF> Then I would assign some "magical spheres", more or less coinciding wi
PaPF> P&P supernatural languages system. A PC would have to state in which
PaPF> sphere(s) he wants to specialize in, and he may only develop spells th
PaPF> derive their power from that sphere. For example, there could be spher
PaPF> like: animal, plant, air, water, fire, earth, sun, healing, death,

That is an interesting and intriguing start you propose.  How about a point
pool though for those spheres where you could assign a specialize area in (to
get a bonus) and then have to pay for each sphere or such.  But that is an
interesting start.  Its a good way to do things like that and I'll have to
archive it for later use.

~~~ Telegard v3.09.b24/mL