P&P Expertise/EL change

Monster Jam unlv_runnin_rebels at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 5 17:15:53 CEST 2000

Like all roleplaying systems, Powers & Perils is not
without some flaws.  Perhaps one of the biggest flaws
is a product of its biggest strength: that of the
detailed character evolution.  In my experiences as a
Gm for P&P, my players not only lived and died by the
"Metal Shield", but sought the elven longsword as the
weapon of choice.  (This due to the inherent weakness
of carrying a two handed weapon in the game, exposing
a player to being hit by an additional 25%)

In terms of character maintenance, I allow my players
to maintain their own character sheets in reguards to
xp and xpertise, and I award the players on the spot
for success or failure.

The biggest problems I have with players is
encumbarance.  Most of my players think they can carry
armor, 2 or 3 weapons, 400 assorted coins, and a
travel bag with an unrealistic stockpile of supplies,
and still move and fight without penalty.  Oh, the
humanity....

PS.. this is my first note written to other P&P
players and GM's, and I am excited to be a member of
this community.