P&P Expertise/EL change

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Apr 8 01:37:56 CEST 2000

At 01:39 PM 4/4/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Don't you think that leaving experience/expertise management to the player
>leads to "power-gaming" ?  I think so and have, with the year of GM-PP,
>completely taken all the micro management so the players can focused on the
>only important thing : ROLEPLAY.

Yes and no.

Yes I say GM should do it if the players are green   The type that likes
always
a plus 4 sword
tha tkills everything on a 7 or less on a d10 :).

But for experienced or middle level expereinced players I say give it to the
player.

It gives the players something to do while they also game alot get bored.
Also
it gives them
something to take care of and thus manage their skills and time more
effecively.  If they
know they are weak say in Skill X but Skill Y is getting the points then
they'll try to work
on Skill X.  And it relieves the GM's work to do details that are just too
boggling down
at times.  It also is a reward system to reinforce roleplaying.