P&P Expertise/EL change

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Apr 8 01:43:18 CEST 2000

>In terms of character maintenance, I allow my players
>to maintain their own character sheets in reguards to
>xp and xpertise, and I award the players on the spot
>for success or failure.

 Yes I agree and do the same.  Sure there are times of secret bonuses or
penalities that
the GM needs to keep track of .  But its hard enough keeping track of npcs,
timelines and all
that stuff without taking care of stuff players can do :)

>The biggest problems I have with players is
>encumbarance.  Most of my players think they can carry
>armor, 2 or 3 weapons, 400 assorted coins, and a
>travel bag with an unrealistic stockpile of supplies,
>and still move and fight without penalty.  Oh, the
>humanity....

Yes that's a big deal and always tend to remind them when they pick new stuff
up about it
to make ntoe of the new weight.  In the pbem I think I have one character
encumbered.

Well welcome to the list!