MDV affect

Wout Broere w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL
Thu Feb 17 22:52:24 CET 2000

>> Based on several clues in the books including 13.91 and the spell
>> description of Orient Self in our games we allowed characters to
>> subtract
>> (rather than add) their MDV from the roll when they wanted to be
>> affected by
>> a spell. We did not give this option to unconscious characters. Nor
>> did
>> items that added to MDV have this option - they always added to MDV.
>> (We
>> didn't have intelligent items that might have a choice).

The rules say that a mage use add his ML only, and not 1/2 his MEL as well,
as his MDV when unconsious.

We allow players to substract MDV when they want a spell to succeed on them.
And they may also choose NOT to use the opposing effect from any items they
have. We also allow unconsious players not to oppose a spell, i.e. not add
MDV to the roll.

Ft