CD Update

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Nov 18 00:45:09 CET 2000

At 08:59 AM 11/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for the update Maouse cause I thought the mail list went dead...
>postings had been fast, furious and often lately and suddenly it all
>stopped.
>
>As I am rereading the rulebooks in preparation of starting my game I am
>having a problem accepting the skill buying part as written. What's causing
>the difficulty is the supermarket approach. The approach taken by the game
>results in players buying the skill bundles that will give them the best
>bang for the bucks and not necessarily make sense for their character.
>
> It was the Executioner skill that started me worrying about this. The idea
>that you could have several people in a campaign who were executioners and
>be as young as 17 years old seems a bit strange.
>
>  I don't know how I'm going to resolve this; I was thinking of including
>some age increase with some of the bundles or just eliminating some and
>creating new ones to allow more options and perhaps some more diversity.

In terms of realism its ok in some ways.  A excutioner is not just a killer or
torturer.  He also serves sometimes as an official head in things like man
hunts for
prisoners and such other duties.  Its a generic title.  As to the age there
have been
instances of such.  For example in the Inquisition France some excutioners
were
as
young as 22 when the church appointed them tht young in small towns.  In china
I read once they believed it was better to have the young kill others (state
sanctioned)
due to they have young opinions and can be swayed without regret and such.
In young america we had very young "policemen" (constables) that served as the
above function for colonies and were young as well.  There are always ways
to explain the age thing in terms of being an apprentice or a
political/friendly appointment.
Besides for a culture that HAS an excustioner if that person was unknown
(hooded) then
age wouldn't matter and if it ever got out that young person can escape easier
than it
would be a aged person.   At least my way of reasoning it mentally.  :)