Dropped Wpns

Tim Falkenberg Falkenberg at ROCKETMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 16 19:11:17 CEST 2000

--- "Paul L. Ming" <pming at HOME.COM> wrote:
  Someone who, for example, is playing a shaman; and
> that
> shaman is in combat and attempts to hit some parasitic-like creature
> off a
> pary member...and rolls 100.  I look at the situation and say, "Well,
> guess you crack her one if you hit here; roll to hit her on BL 0".
> Then the
> player rolls, oh, lets say a 02.  BAM!!  Right in the noggin.  She
> lives,
> and the battle is over.  So, the same shaman, who's feeling rather
> bad about
> that whole bonk-on-the-head thing casts some cure spell.  Only to
> get...100.
> Hmmm.  Needless to say, the shaman would probably wonder off on his
> own,
> away from the party, and (knowing his luck) run into some fire demon
> that
> immolates him in 6 seconds flat.
>
> (ATTN: Tim -->  ;-P  )

That's only half the bad luck I had that session!  That Shaman had a
terrible relationship with the encounter charts....  Everytime I get
lucky in character generation (the Shaman was a Shadow Weaver with
great stats) the dice turn against me!

This fumble houserule has worked quite well for us in the past.  As
Paul said, it's not a hard and fast rule but is interpreted by
situation as to effect.

Tim