"Dogs of War"

Burton Choinski burton.choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Tue Oct 17 22:38:40 CEST 2000

Alex Koponen wrote:
>     Back when I was GMing P&P on a regular basis I worked out and wrote down
> the standard creature variation possibilities for NPC Elves and NPC Humans
> (male and female). For each variation roll I had the HPV; OCV; DCV; S; St;
> D; A; MR; NAV; MDV; EnL; DTV; HC%; and CDF listed. Example: Male Human NPCs.
> Roll01-02; HPV5; OCV1; DCV5; S7; St6; D20; A20; MR14; NAV0; MDV2; EnL18;
> DTV-2; HC8%; CDF1

This is one reason why the creature variation charts had to be somewhat
tempered.  Unless we are talking "son of the Flash", MR14 is a bit
hefty.

I took the view that NPC humans would be built like PC humans, only less
so.  The x2 limitation on key attributes makes the characters stand out
better, especially since there are so many more of them.

>     I also came up with my own chart for non-character class militant male
> humans. I used 2d6+3 as the roll for Native Ability and 1 + (1d4*x0.5) as
> the multiplier [C and Ap got a multiplier of 1 + 1d3*].

I had pondered and figured on this one a bit, but decided to go for
simplicity in an already complicated project, and the next version will
be a bit more streamlined.

> > Soldier IV
> > AHP 20       OCV 8        DCV 7        NWI -5
> > S 31 (+2)    St 23 (+1)   D 16 (+1)    A 19 (+1)
> > MR 10        NAV 0        MDV 4        NF Varies
> > EnL 34       CDF 2        CL NA
> > DTV -3       HC 23%(4:5)  INT 6
> Exceeds Variation Table.

Only in terms of D and A, which a competant warrior would have,
concentrating on S and St for his "limited" multipliers.
       -- Burton

--
Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce