"Dogs of War"

Burton Choinski burton.choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Wed Oct 18 15:37:25 CEST 2000

Scott Adams wrote:
> I would have to sit down and think about it awhile but when I think of such a
> cost formula
> I would put into effect CEL and Age.  OCV/DCV is fine for base values but CEL
> has
> more a factor on the skill of the person than a stat based OCV/DCV.  So I'd
> insert
> CEL in there somewhere and AGe as a minor factor only because a 50 year old
> CEL
> 12
> experienced vet would actually be less than say a 20 year old CEL 8 vet of
> only

True.  I think I will re-figure it based on CEL increase rather then OCV
and DCV increase (which is stat based).  But that does mean that you may
get a bargain if you hire a CEL2 with AB and DB +3 :)

Age is tougher, since age has no rule effects in the game system.
     -- Burton

--
Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce