slyph

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Wed Oct 25 00:11:12 CEST 2000

A 'Slyph' is an Air Elemental.

        Alex
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mathijs Tuynman
  To: POWERS-AND-PERILS at geo000.CiTG.TUDelft.NL
  Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 1:48 PM
  Subject: slyph

  Hey guys,
  I'm back on the list again.
  With a question for you: a session ago, my players were travelling aboard a ship on the Sea of Tears. They had several encounters, mostoften with "slyphs". Since these creatures are nowhere to be found in book Three, nor in the sea travel article in Heroes Magazine, I discarded these encounters.
  What are slyphs?
  My guess: a salt-water version of the Asrai?
  Wout thinks they are some kind of sirens, having the power to lure male seamen with their magical song.
  Slyphs could also be some kind of Water Elements.
  Ideas, anyone?
  Mathijs