copyright

Wout Broere w.broere at CITG.TUDELFT.NL
Mon Oct 30 18:56:45 CET 2000

At 09:47 PM 10/27/00 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm drewling and it doesn't even exist yet... I'm such a nerd.

Now when this tread started I was somewhat confused. I've seen MUDs and
some of the first graphic interface based MUDs, but the AC means nothing to
me. Seems that AC, UO and EverQuest are only (officially) available in the
US, not in Europe. Wonder why that is. Any ideas?

I wouldn't mind being involved in the making of such a game, based on p&p
or not, but it is a bit more than just implementing the p&p combat system.
Given the terrible amount of interface programming that has to be done to
beat EQ. And most customers (kids) will go for the quality of the graphics
and special effects and not for the copmplexity of the combat and magic
system, or the background. Having an seemingly endless random supply of
neat items to loot from monsters is much more important. (Now there the p&p
treasure generation system would really help.)

Yes I'm dribbling too, but how much time and effort are you willing to invest?
Ft